Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbourbon1
I have had it since there was 90K on the clock....bought it about 1 1/2 years ago. When I bought it, I knew it had the carbon issue and only bought it with the written promise by the BMW dealer that BMW would cover the cost of clean up...end of month purchase around Thanksgiving 2013. SO that was done after driving loaners for a while because that was the time of no manifolds and chemical vs walnut cleanings.

It's been good ever since. The only issue that has arisen recently was the end of the metering line didn't want to stay clipped to the engine and was pouring out DEF fluid. Since i didn't want to pay the labor for replacing that, my indy mechanic cut that part of the line off, splicing and clamping in a new piece...no problems.

So for the almost 50k that have been put on it, at least 45k have been on the highway as my job makes for lots of driving. I tell ya, the d loves good speed on the highway, it seems that the faster its going, the better the mileage that is until I start going back into the mountains, then it's just plain fun . It is stock, I had bought a JBD tuner but never put it on and will be putting that up on the board soon. I felt like the owner before me had taken good care of it and the service records were minimal up to when I got it. I have found a good indy here that knows his stuff too, makes it even better.
Good stuff man.
Appreciate 0