View Single Post
      01-15-2014, 03:15 PM   #21
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

FWIW, LUX says on their site that the V4 is "overall significantly brighter than the LUX H8 V3".

I'd have liked to see pics of V3 vs. V4, and AFAIK, I've not seen any... Wonder why after all this time? Maybe to the human eye, the difference isn't that noticeable? Someone post up a link/pic if they got it.

As far as colour adjustability, it's funny, you're right. On install, I went totally blue, then totally white (5,000k), to see the two extremes, and ended up sticking with 5000K white, so that feature is something that wasn't worth paying for in my case. LOL.

The fact they don't dim on turning on the lights is a great features of theirs vs. other LED's, though not as big of a deal for me, since I actually got used to (was running GP Thunder bulbs for a few years) running my lights off during the day to get the brightest light (vs. leaving them on Auto). AE's are our DRL's in Canada so with the headlight switch on 0, they still are on.

And when HID lights do come on, I find they overpower the rings anyway, so they're not that visible, even though they don't dim in LUX's case vs. other mfr's (whose lights will be barely visible with headlights on). So that is a big plus in LUX's case, but not super important IMO, as the difference I'm trying to say is diminished, considering the overpowering by the HID beams.

I did find installing them to be much easier than other brand LED's which have a round heatsink, as theirs with a flat bottom is easier to line up the tabs, as well as rotate / grab onto, given how tight the space is, so that's a plus with their design too.

Just my 2 cents...
Appreciate 0