View Single Post
      05-15-2014, 03:07 PM   #1
E90inSC
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '09 328i

E90 LCI Halogen to Xenon Conversion

OK everyone, before I get slammed because this topic has been beat to death, I have to say that everything I see/read refers to pre-LCI cars.

I have a 2009 LCI E90 sedan that I want to convert to xenon. It seems, from what I've read, that all US cars fitted from the factory with xenon headlights run an adaptive system. However, cars in Europe run a bi-xenon, non-adaptive system.

This is where I start running into issues. Can anyone tell me if that is correct? If so, what is the advantage of adaptive vs. non-adaptive? I travel to Germany 4-5 times per year, and I'm willing to find a used set while I'm there if they can be retrofitted to my car. But that adds to my confusion.

What all is required to make the retrofit work? I have read that you need a new footwell module. Other posts talk about headlight leveling switches. Still other state that you must have headlight washers too. What is really required?!?

I'm looking for a simplified answer from someone who has direct experience with this conversion. Sorry, but I am not looking for people's opinions (you know what they say about opinions) or a rehash of what other have posted, I'm looking for first hand experience.

Via the RealOEM web site, I found these parts numbers which look to be what I'm after, (63117240245 / 63117240246) for the US version with my build date. For the European version they show these numbers (63117240247 /63117240248). Can I use either set of parts, or...?

I am comfortable with coding and getting the wiring sorted, I just need confirmation of exactly which parts are required for the conversion.
Appreciate 0