View Single Post
      12-06-2017, 04:01 PM   #361
xlr88r
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 & E91 330i M Sport

Hi All,

I'm a newbie to this to forum and forums in general, but this has been a great resource so far. Just over a week ago I picked up an 06 330i with 72k on the clock and a total of 13 stamps in the book, but zero receipts. Naff all. It's wearing an AFE Intake of some sort and EBC brakes so this could have had a, erm, 'spirited' previous owner, but otherwise seems stock.

Anyway. I drove it back from the dealer, to and from work (a 130 mile round trip!) and the following morning it was misfiring like mad. Belled the dealer and got it booked in to a local garage to be looked at, as I wasn't dead comfortable doing 30 odd miles in it misfiring like it was. The diagnostics said the coil pack on 6 was dead. That was replaced along with the plugs too. Finally to the question... I can go on a bit!

The garage kept the old plugs and gave them to me, and this is what they look like. I went a bit Sherlock and called the garage that had done the last 3 services. The plugs were replaced at just over 54k in April 2016, so they're roughly 18 months and 18k miles old.

I honestly don't know: do these look about right, terrible, or really clean? Given some of the aftermarket bits attached to it, I'm hoping this kind of life from a set of plugs is OK, and not a sign that it's spent a part of its life being absolutely hammered about!

Erk! Beanie.
Appreciate 0