08-12-2018, 09:22 AM   #373
go0gyy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Injector puzzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizkizaa View Post
You have to code the injectors. Otherwise the dme doesn’t know how much fuel it is injecting. If it doesn’t know how much fuel you could run too lean or too rich. Also by just throwing a random injector in you could be mixing index’s numbers that the dme doesn’t like. I would assume from the age of the car that the injectors have probably been replaced with the newer index numbers, but you should still check. I believe if they are index number 10-12 they are compatible with each other, but still have to be coded. If you mix the 10-12 with 1-9 your car will not run correctly. The index number is the last 2 numbers after the dash on the injector. I would first check to see if index numbers are compatible. If they are then it needs to be coded. Also if 1 injector failed and there’s around 100,000 miles on them, the others are probably on the way. Hope that helps.
It helps greatly, thanks. Makes me almost certain that it’s the injector causing the misfire. Of course I don’t have the cash at the moment to buy all 6 index 12s right now since I took the cooling system hit. Have you had any experience with you using a China index 12 from amazon for about a month until I can save to get some true 12s? Lastly, what damage can be done to the motor by driving the car like that? Thanks again.
Appreciate 0