View Single Post
      04-18-2021, 04:31 AM   #1
Wadger
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Leaking Injector Confirmation (pics)

Hi again everyone.

Following my previous oil issue, I suspect I have leaking injector/s.
Im running mhd stg 2+ with cold start delete.
I've read that this can cause the occasional stumble at startup. I do have a little stumble on startup, that I suspected was this, however it is like 1 in 5 times now. It does appear to be getting more common over the last 4 months or so.
This stumble last less than two seconds max before she idles smoothly.
It fires on the button and as the cold start kicks in and drops the idle rapidly it has a stumble down the picks straight back up and levels off slightly higher than usual.

I suspect injectors due to bank 2 afr been dipping a little when off the throttle coasting, like a second or so delay to fully level off, then the occasional spike richer. This only last a second or two before leveling off. , compared to bank one. This afr issue has only developed over the last 2 weeks or so.

I'm not throwing any codes or anything, but would like to get ahead of the game as much as possible before a serious leak.

Thought I'd throw in the fact I'm on all new coils and plugs 5k max.
And I'm on index 12 injectors, not sure of age as they were present when I bought the car.
Can someone please confirm?
I was hoping one would be black and sooty, or even wet.
Plug 4 maybe had a little condensation on it as I pulled it out but was gone in a second or so by the time I got into some light.

Regardless plug 4 and 5 look a lot wetter on the threads and smell very slightly different. Especially 4.
I would expect different amount of contamination to have different strength smells, however I'm not sure if this indicates a slight leak.

I also just used a clean vacuum line to smell into each recess, they all smell relatively similar. Nothing massive stands out like opening a can of petrol lol.

Thanks!

Wadger
Attached Images

Last edited by Wadger; 04-18-2021 at 05:22 AM..
Appreciate 0