View Single Post
      08-09-2017, 10:00 PM   #48
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Deep Sea Blue

Cool

I really lucked out! These 'used' E60 spare tire kits are selling like hot cakes from $150 to $350 on eBay with everyone and their mom trying to buy one!

However I spent $60 (shipping $32) to get a brand new E60 spare tire set and an E38 7 series BMW Jack off eBay.

This price point was the only way I was going to buy this because spending over a $100 for a ten year old spare donut set does not make sense to me.

The spare actually fits very well in the trunk with a lot more space left over for normal everyday travel or even a weekend trip with luggage tucked in there.

I opted to not get the foam tool holder tray because the BMW jack and a tire iron fit under the mat with room left over for my slime kit and jumper cables and emergency blanket and first aid kit. My jack says it is for a E38 7 series but it fits well into my OEM square jack point. The 7 series jack seems like a beefier jack compared to the standard 5 and 3 series jack. My spare is from a 2008 535xiT and it was unused.

Everything arrived in the mail tonight. When I have time this weekend I am going to see how this E60 spare wheel fit over my brake rotors and calipers.
Attached Images

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE MY BMW E90 MODS:
http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...Mod&UcId=20832

Last edited by delmarco; 08-09-2017 at 10:10 PM..
Appreciate 1