View Single Post
      07-25-2020, 03:36 PM   #4
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E92 LeMans Blue

Frustrating, I know. Were these wheels new, or used? I would CALL PayPal ASAP and document diligently who you spoke to by name or employee ID, when you spoke to them and what they told you. They'll likely find in your favor and fill out a claim with you on the phone, at least that's what happened to me. I went through this with a forum member on some used wheels that were grossly misrepresented. My experience with PayPal was terrible, and here's why...I originally asked for a partial refund in the amount of a quote from a local wheel repair shop to refinish them. The seller chose to not reply to PayPal's inquiries, which was another dick move by him, and made me wait out the 2 weeks PayPal gives them. At the end of the 2 weeks, PayPal tells me to ship the wheels back to the seller because they can't let me keep them and give me a partial refund, and to provide them tracking, at which time I would receive my refund. Cool, sounds alright, doesn't it? Well, it wasn't. During my conversations with PayPal I explained how expensive it would be to ship them back, and that is why I was asking for a partial refund to have them refinished. PayPal said they would refund shipping for the full amount. OK, so now I ship them, provide tracking to PayPal, and a day or two later I get notification of a refund to my account. Nice, but wait, there's more...the refund is only for the amount I originally asked for if I was to keep the wheels and have them refinished, and an additional $30 for shipping, but shipping cost nearly $300. It took another 3 weeks and multiple calls and emails to PayPal to finally be reimbursed for the full amount, and I had to eat the roughly $270 difference in shipping, as PayPal's policy is to only refund shipping up to $30, even though they said in a phone conversation that they would refund in full.
Appreciate 0