09-07-2006, 03:33 PM   #38
Insider
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavedrivenanm1
What loss, really?

My [as in both "mine" and "model year"] 2006 loaded 330i: $45,800 all-in with discount; T/T/T.

MSRP for MY2007 e90 335i [same colors, same options]: $46,900. SA has agreed to $45,000.

Dealer has offered $40,000 for my 12-month old car, which has 8,600 miles on it and is in perfect shape - not one ding! SA says that the dealership can't get enough cars from BMW NA, that they are buying from other dealers, and are paying premiums for low mileage pre-owned cars that they can put on their lot and sell to the very dollar-conscious who won't buy a new car on general principal.

So: $45,000 - $40,000 = $5,000. Subtract about $1000 for the effective 1-year bumper-to-bumper warranty extension and about $1,200 for tire replacement that will be necessary on my '06 e90 in the next 10-12 months anyway, add in about $300 for taxes on the difference and I am looking at about a $3,000 difference in total.

Considering that I will be doing a small loan [why use cash that I can make 7-9% on when I can get a car loan for 5.9%?] and the difference over four years comes down to $62/month.

So that is $62/month more to drive a brand-new, more powerful 2007 335i, and it is still paid off in just four years...$3K in total or $62/month more for a sub-5 second sedan that still gets 21/30 MPG? Sounds good to me.
They offered you $40K? That sounds awfully high. What is the name of your dealer? I am curious what they would offer for my M3. Here is what Kelly Blue Books says is the value of your car:

Engine: 6-Cyl. 3.0 Liter HO
Transmission: Steptronic Auto
Drivetrain: RWD
Mileage: 8,600

Selected Standard Equipment
Stability Control Telescoping Wheel Traction Control
Air Conditioning AM/FM Stereo Leather
Power Steering Dual Front Air Bags Dual Power Seats
Power Windows Front Side Air Bags Moon Roof
Power Door Locks ABS (4-Wheel) Alloy Wheels

Selected Optional Equipment
Sport Pkg Cruise Control Premium Sound
Premium Pkg Multi Compact Disc Navigation System

Blue Book Trade-In Value
Trade-in Value is what consumers can expect to receive from a dealer for a trade-in vehicle assuming an accurate appraisal of condition. This value will likely be less than the Private Party Value because the reselling dealer incurs the cost of safety inspections, reconditioning and other costs of doing business.
Vehicle Condition Ratings Check Vehicle Title History Excellent
$33,075

"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.
Appreciate 0