03-16-2011, 09:06 PM   #4
135i, MD
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '09 Black/Black 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss69 View Post
Hi,

I will keep this pretty short as many others have described in detail about the unit, packaging, the install procedure, blah blah blah.

Mine is a stock 2008 e90 335i. I previously had a JB+ installed and I thought I was happy with it, until I came across the COBB Accessport and I was immediately drawn in to the idea of not having to mess around with the electronics of the car and having to uninstall hardware every time I went to the dealer. Another bonus for me was the fact that the unit comes with free future upgrades of maps, because I did not want to buy a piece of hardware and it becoming obsolete a few months down the road through the release of a newer, better one. So I took the bath and bought it. Thanks again to Alan at **********s.com for the great assistance and hooking me up with a fair deal on this unit.

So I loaded the map for 93 octane and went for a spin... all I can say is holy f'ing crap! This car is a beast now! I cannot believe that this kind of power has been "reserved" in this car and the COBB was able to unleash it. Power delivery is smooth, and I had no trouble driving in wife-in-car mode, but push that accelerator down just a tad more and watch out! I have trouble keeping the rubber on the road now so I guess I will be looking for some new tires pretty soon, as the stock run-flats are clearly not up to the task any more.

Great job COBB and Alan at **********s.com. Happy customer here!

(Oh, and anyone coming from a JB+ or stock car and not being totally blown away by this tune needs to get their butt-dyno examined...)
Very happy customer here as well!

Saving Lives and Killing Tires
Appreciate 0