Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 135i & F80 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
Depends. Do you need both OSX and Windows running at the same time, or just the ability to boot up Windows via restarting the machine? If you need them running at the same time, you need virtualization software like Parallels. Otherwise OSX has a built-in utility called Boot Camp which lets you set up a partition of the hard drive to act as a Windows partition. When you boot up the computer, you can select if you want to launch into OSX or Windows, but not at the same time.
Well said!

I do have to add, if the computer was purchased 2009/2010/2011/2012. Running a Windows VM should be more than enough for anything you'd possibly need Windows for.

I have a 2009 MacBook Pro, and running Parallels with a Windows 7 VM within Mac OS X. I am able to do whatever it is I might need Windows for such as running those darn BMW Coding Apps, or sometimes even games! (Such as a LoL or CS).

Computers now a days are no slouch, and unless if you are doing some serious Video/Photo rendering or CAD work. You shouldn't need to have to deal with the hassle of rebooting into Bootcamp just to run Windows.

On another note, my wastegates are starting to rattle much louder than before. I've been talking to my SA about bringing it in with the mods I have currently. But I have a feeling that I'll have to end up returning to stock before letting them either adjust my wastegates, or hopefully getting a new set of turbos.
Appreciate 0