01-12-2018, 12:15 PM   #87
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
I assume I can make the change in NCS, correct? Im not OCD at all. Just want to make it work properly. Any info you could offer on installation without USB hub?
Certainly would need to make changes to in NCS. I'll edit this post as soon as I can find the actual keywords to change in CIC. Edit: key parameter to look for is SDARS_IN_EXBOX. you'll change "inbox" to "exbox". Ie. Inbox is internal Sdars and exbox is external Sdars to CIC. See snippet I grabbed from NCS Dummy below.

Installation is basically taking the USB Fakra cable straight from the Combox to center console aux USB port. In my E90 I removed rear seats and ran Aux and usb under seat padding then under carpeting along the side of drive shaft hump then up through carpeting right by the airbag module.

The correct way would mean running separate power from junction box and you'd need two fakra usb cables. This would involve taking out front seat and carpeting to place USB Hub and cabling below. I believe it should be in a water resistant sealed casing as well.
Attached Images

Last edited by PichaDis11; 01-12-2018 at 12:29 PM..
Appreciate 1
feuer4275.50