Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Prado 150, CT200h

Garage List
2012 Lexus  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post
If the car is rego'd in a company name and you weren't pulled over. IE. Fixed speed camera, red light camera. Don't pay the fine, don't pay the reminder. It'll go to State Debt Recovery where you'll have an increased fine to pay but no points penality... So I've heard...

Otherwise just pay up.

I had similar experience before.

I was caught by the fixed speed camera, my car was registered in a company name (government leased car) . I did the right thing by nominating myself as the driver, so that the fine can be addressed to me. I sent the form off and never heard from anyone for the next three years. The nomination form was probably lost in postage.

Three years later they sent a legal fine notice to the company about the speeding fine. The company paid for it. By then I have sold the car off.
I did not get the demerit point deduction but I did pay the company the amount that I was originally fined with.
320d (E90) Sparkling Graphite, Bi-Xenon, Rear PDC, 17 Alloy 158(athome) 157 (On the car), Climate comfort Wscreen, Sport Steer, Electric Rear Blind, Mirror Package, Lemon interior with poplar trim, Comfort access, Partial Electric Seats, Through Loading and Adjustable Arm Rest
Appreciate 0