View Single Post
      12-04-2018, 12:29 PM   #12
Fb2017
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bicycle

I agree with you on that analogy.. but at least their policy is laid out in print. In terms of BMW you cant even get head office to give you a straight reply about how to keep your warranty intact.

If it was common to offer a corrosion inspection they should be able to tell you what it is, how to get it done and what to do if the dealers give you a hard time. Instead i was made to talk with someone who was arguing with me that BMW does not even offer such a thing past the 4yr warranty.

If the gap has a policy that their pants will last 12 years else they replace them damn right I'll hold them to it. If I get fat of course its not the pants fault so in that situation deny my claim.

Same way if the car rust is caused by stone chips or other damage due to driver error/wear and tear. then thats on the owner but if it clearly is happening due to manufacturing issues then why should they not live up to their warranty. My hood is rusting from underneath. If I take care of my car and and even go out of my way to rustproof it and do my best to prevent the rust why is it on me?

If it was a honda civic (not hating on anything those are still great cars) sure I get it you get what you pay for but having a company weasel their way out of a legit claim over bs is infuriating. I'm sure many people think 'oh I'm covered for rust.. bmw has my back' the damn dealerships tell customers that they don't need to rustproof their cars for that exact reason.
Appreciate 0