Thread: LSD on xDrive
View Single Post
      11-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #9
stratplaya06
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335xi-SOLD 5.0 Miata

Lol the adjuster motor went first at 40k, and when I looked at dealership prices to do the job (~$900) I decided to look for the motors on ebay. Just the motors were around $250 and I managed to find an entire tcase with the motor out of a wrecked 328xi for $220. I had it shipped to my house and salvaged the motor off of it figuring that I would eventually need the tcase to be replaced because I was FBO+meth+e85. My mechanic is installing my tcase tomorrow and that should solve the problem i've been having with ABS/EBV/4X4/DSC malfunctions (and take some of the clunk out of the drivetrain). I also bought an adjuster motor I found on car-part.com that has 30k miles on it for $150 should that need to be replaced too. Dealership prices for these parts are scary and I don't mind experimenting with salvage parts.

EDIT: should mention, the reason the tcase is being replaced is because when I pulled into my spot at work the other day the car came to an abrupt hault, then wouldn't move. I had to give it a lot of gas to get it to go, and then it was clear something was wrong in the drivetrain. Fortunately these parts that break aren't that expensive. I hope to find a shop that would want my broken tcase to help develop strengthened units suitable for single turbo applications.

| PROcede Rev3 | Vishnu Meth | DCI | BMW Perf. Exhaust | AR Coated/Catless | CP-E FMIC | Quaife |
Appreciate 0