11-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #14
stratplaya06
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335xi-SOLD 5.0 Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESI4life10 View Post
When you say you are installing a tcase, are you talking about installing the Tcase you got from the 328? I don't think the tcases are the same for 328 and 335?
All e9x 3 series/e6x 5 series share the same ATC 300 transfer case

MI6 - My car is at s2 dynamics in rockville.

In response to transfer case reliability: I have had my car with FBO+Meth at the skidpad at summit about 5 times (it really didn't like this) and I am in general very hard on the drivetrain so I'm not surprised the tcase went. I also ran staggered setup (235/35 275/30) for one season although it is hardly a stagger as the tires are the same diameter down to .1". I also had 275 supersports all around for two seasons which I believe may have been a bit too much grip for these power levels (given the parts were designed for 225 tires with no more than 300hp). I think it's worth mentioning that I changed the fluid at 45k when some drivetrain binding started to come about. I would recommend changing it every 30k to be on the safe side, as I think that once the friction modifiers in the fluid start to break down the fluid goes south quick.

| PROcede Rev3 | Vishnu Meth | DCI | BMW Perf. Exhaust | AR Coated/Catless | CP-E FMIC | Quaife |
Appreciate 0