View Single Post
      05-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #118
EgorGovorun
Private
Rep
Drives: E91 LCI M 330d 314PS 616Nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMatt View Post
Hi guys new to the forum and am on the hunt for a 330d coming from a 221whp cooper s but work now requires a diesel as ill be doing 400 miles a week. Will defiantly be getting a map in the future but do any of you guys track your car? Sounds funny but I enjoy track days and a 330d seems would be pretty good on track with the amount of torque? Also people suggest manual or auto? Again being a drivers man the manual makes sense but I've read that the 330d suits the auto box perfectly.
Cheers
I do track all my cars.. And E91 330d lci too.. I try BMW only in Misano World Circuit so far..
And I can say it's heavy for track. Big heavy engine.. Feel like "pregnant cow" but handle is good and very controllable. After 20min track set. My OEM brakes was comletly burn and gone! But I hade nearly slick Potenza on "17 wheels.

Now I get the "19 and new tires for track only. Try to do my best

But Misano Circuit fast speed track. I prefear more narrow mountain road with lots of turns. Like in Nurburgring with nice wievs forest etc.
when you can use the skills more than the power!!
And now I live in Italy. Here a lot of rounds in the city where you can off the traction control shift the car in the second gear and drift all aroun the city. Is the best car for this!!

Last edited by EgorGovorun; 05-28-2013 at 07:23 PM..
Appreciate 0