View Single Post
      11-26-2007, 01:56 AM   #8
Trill335
انا خارج الكلبه
Rep
Drives: E92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
How do you propose to do that buddy? sounds very interesting. Great time by the way.

Are drag radials slick racing tyres?

Your 12 you will get will be fantastic if you could do that without a tune but your trap speed will give the game away your running stock power levels.. I think people should go the route you go first then upgrade the power!

Good Lucky buddy

Carlos
Carlos,

The cars are capable of producing very respectable times in near perfect conditions. I honestly think it's possible. I'll take the car back out to my local track (I usually hook pretty well there), and if the temperature is cool enough (34 or below) I think I should be able to crack the 12's as the car sits currently. As I posted earlier; my vehicle is absolutely bone stock with DR's. I'm going to add software in the future and possibly an LSD.

Thanks very much for the well wishes and keep taking your ride to the track!

Info on the BF Goodrich DR's:

The g-Force T/A Drag Radial is BFGoodrich's first tire to combine a proprietary drag racing tread design with a special radial carcass construction to offer the T/A (Traction/Advantage) tires to drag racers by providing race-winning performance at the dragstrip from a tire that is fully streetable. The g-Force T/A Drag Radial is designed to combine the enhanced traction, superior handling and extended durability not normally associated with competitive bias-ply drag racing tires.

The g-Force T/A Drag Radial is the direct descendant of the world's first street-legal drag radial that met U.S. Department of Transportation's (DOT's) street tire standards (the BFG Comp T/A Drag Radial). The primary difference between the g-Force T/A Drag Radial vs. its predecessor (the Comp T/A Drag Radial that is now called the g-Force T/A Drag Radial 2) is that the g-Force T/A Drag Radial offers a broader range of performance. While both tires are essentially capable of the same peak performance, the g-Force T/A Drag Radial makes it easier for the racer to achieve because it's available over a broader range of conditions. This benefit is especially valuable to new racers, some of whom may not yet be experienced enough to get the peak performance out of the g-Force T/A Drag Radial-2.

The g-Force T/A Drag Radial molds a high-grip tread rubber compound into a directional tread design that features massive competition-developed tread blocks for quick response and optimized for straight-line grip. High angle grooves help channel water towards the sides of the tire to help preserve wet traction on the street. The internal structure of the g-Force T/A Drag Radial features two full-width steel belts reinforced with BFGoodrich's Equal TEnsion Containment (ETEC) system to stiffen the tread longitudinally and laterally. This helps prevent the contact area from distorting under acceleration while ensuring the consistency of the footprint from the starting line to its high-speed stability at the traps. The g-Force T/A Drag Radial also features a special radial carcass construction to enhance performance during the launch, provide high-speed control and reduce internal stresses for longer treadlife (compared to bias-ply drag racing tires).

More info about DR's can be found on Tirerack.com.