View Single Post
      06-02-2016, 11:22 AM   #67
bNks334
Major
Rep
Drives: '11 135i (N55)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversatisfied1 View Post
Thanks for all the advice. I downloaded all the software, the cable driver and my cable is on order.

Hopefully I can figure out how to find the right module and turn some of the brake and brake temp items off. I figure worst case I found some people on the website I can pay to code this stuff off remotely once my cable is here

Interesting you found oil temp an issue after turning off calculated brake temp. I have no idea how to trend this? I just never thought a 7qt sump and 200 whatever hp could overheat that much oil.

What did you do to trend and solve your oil temp issue in an N52?

THANK YOU FOR THE HELP!
I logged temps using CARLY on my phone and an OBDII to Bluetooth adapter. I swapped in the oil filter housing and thermostat housing from a 3-series and installed my own oil cooler in the passenger wheel well.

As for the coding, I took screenshots of everything that relates to the 128i in post #26 of the thread I already linked you (http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...nannies&page=2)...

I followed this guide to get started:
(expert mode did not write to the DME for me - I had to use the profile Revtor set up that comes pre-loaded in NCSExpert with that virtual machine...)

This one helped too:

Last edited by bNks334; 06-02-2016 at 12:00 PM..
Appreciate 1