Mpow3r_UK
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Le mans E90 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirleeofroy View Post
Ok, so a quick update....

On Monday I had the new suspension fitted with all new mounts all round along with a service and MOT....

Apologies for the "before" pics, I could have sworn I took a side shot prior to having the suspension done but apparently not....quite...

So here are the semi-sides shot prior to the suspension install:

Here is a quick shot of the suspension kit:

And here are the after shots:

I'm not sure how much you can tell from the pics but the rear of the car has quite a minor drop compared to the suspension that came off however, the front is quite noticeable and was just what I was looking for

The kit is still settling in but I think its mostly there as I've already done several hundred miles since the install.

So how is it compared to before?

Well, it's not a night and day difference but its not far off, what is apparent (hindsight being the wonderful thing it is...) is that the suspension that came off was factory and quite evenly worn (apart from the blown shock) but worn nonetheless. My Indy said the springs were ok but had sagged a bit however, the shocks were pretty past it.

Initially when the car rolled out of the garage you couldn't even tell that the suspension had been changed, the ride height looked pretty much the same however, a few days and a few hundred miles and its settled in a bit.

Handling is where the biggest improvement is (surprise surprise!) with body roll significantly reduced, turn-in has much more confident feel about it and bumps are handled well with none of the rear skipping about like it did before. The ride is noticeably stiffer than before which stands to reason given the shot suspension that was on there but it certainly isn't uncomfortable at all. I do feel a bit more of the road which I personally consider a good thing given my driving preference. It also doesn't dip/dive nearly as much under hard acceleration/braking which translates to considerably more confident acceleration out of corners. With that said, it does need the alignment doing as it does drift off to the right slightly so I have it booked next week to be aligned with a Hunter, I expect it only to get better!

All in all, I'm pretty happy so far. What do you guys think?
Hi,

Love a facelift in that colour and drop looks perfect.

I've started looking around for suspension as I think mine will need changing soon. Was considering B12 or the FSD\Eibach combo but had also looked at the two you mentioned purely because money is a bit tight at the moment.

I have a 335d on oem M sport with 105K on it. At present it doesn't seem that worn but can I feel it on bigger bumps and pot holes.

Yours must be properly settled in now, how is your new setup on bigger bumps and rough surfaces? Does it bottom out or take them nicely? What about clearance on day to day stuff like drive ways and speed bumps?

Thanks
Kash
Appreciate 0