sirleeofroy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330D M-Sport LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomiS330d View Post
Bit of a thread revival. I was just wondering how the vogtland coilovers were performing? I just haven't got round to sorting my worn out suspension yet but it is on the to do list.
Anybody give some feedback on them?
Wow, didn't realise it was over a year ago I had these fitted! Where does the time go......

The suspension kit is holding up well, for a relatively cheap kit I certainly have no complaints. The car is planted, corners well and doesn't roll about however, there are a couple of things to note:

This kit should not be considered as a replacement for stock suspension as its low and hard. In fact, since having the kit on, there are things I definitely have to keep an eye out for, eg: the drive at my new house has a bit of a hump as you get on the drive as it slopes down a little, if I don't come at it at a jaunty angle, it scrapes .. With the front being as low as it is, parking forward into a space with a kerb used to be ok as the bumper would sit above the kerb, not anymore. I reverse park everywhere I can so not really an issue but I did find out the hard way once..

With the kit being notably harder than stock, you definitely feel everything, and I mean pretty much everything. It's not crap coilover hard but it's not a million miles off. Now, this is fine when its just me in the car as I don't mind but every now and then I will have someone riding with me and I can tell it's not the most comfy ride for them.... My GF doesn't mind though so... Meh.

Now I'm in no rush to change the suspension as I am happy with it but when I come to change again in the future I will likely install what I originally wanted which was the Koni FSD shocks and some lowering springs but maybe 10mm higher than I have right now.

I was also looking at the KW DDC but £2600 is a big chunk of change so really depends on how long I intend on keeping the car and modding it, we shall see!

https://www.kwsuspensions.co.uk/shop...HcUuA../58/DDC
Appreciate 0