View Single Post
      08-31-2020, 04:12 AM   #20
plilp
Registered
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW e91 N53B30 -08

I have an -08 E91 with the n53 3liter motor and I'm having similar misfire issues in cylinder 3. Spark plugs (NGK) and ignition coils (Bosch) have been changed but it's still happening. After changing the coils the misfire didn't happen for 2 days but then reappeared. I have ordered new injectors (index 11) but I'm afraid it won't solve the issue... my symptoms in detail:

After starting the car there's no issues. I can drive for a good 15-20min before the symptoms appear. The check engine light will go on and the engine starts running roughly, rpm will start to fluctuate as well. When accelerating there's no power and the car noticeably shakes when slowly picking up speed. Idle is then also rough and rpm keeps fluctuating. Issue will not solve while the engine is hot, even if the car is turned off and back on the symptoms start immediately. Then the next day or after properly cooling down, the symptoms are gone again. As mentioned the only consistent error code I've received from the engine is P0303.

I believe the injectors are still the original ones or at least very old. I haven't checked myself. I used a petrol system cleaner, the kind you pour in the gas tank, and I feel like it improved the situation slightly, so I'm hopeful that replacing the injectors will fix the issue but still afraid it doesn't.
Appreciate 0