View Single Post
      08-05-2021, 04:05 PM   #19
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdiMark View Post
I have the same issue. I think it was caused by an attempted throttle adaptation done incorrectly. I purchased the Schwaben/Foxwell 510 scanner to reset, but found out how, or if, this scanner will work for this...
WHAT ISSUE exactly do you have? If the Starter does NOT Crank the engine, that is due to an issue with the KL50 (Terminal 50) CAS Activation of the Starter Solenoid. THAT is the issue OP had.

Throttle Adaptation has NOTHING to do with the CAS Module. That function is done with INPA/ISTA connected to the DME Module.

If you have either INPA or ISTA, please describe your "Issue" in as much detail as possible, and if the Starter does NOT Crank/ Turn the engine at all, provide Fault Codes, Definitions & Details in CAS & DME.

I would check the MANUAL for the Foxwell 510, and see what Live Data (Terminal Voltages) it can read when connected to the CAS Module. See all the INPA CAS Live Data screens posted earlier in this thread. WITHOUT that data, we can only GUESS. There ARE ways you can simply use a DMM & patch cords at the E-Box to test KL50 Output from the CAS Module, but INPA or ISTA are a LOT quicker & easier.
George
Appreciate 0