View Single Post
      03-14-2022, 04:06 AM   #22
3RC4N
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 N53

Quote:
Originally Posted by plilp View Post
I have an -08 E91 with the n53 3liter motor and I'm having similar misfire issues in cylinder 3. Spark plugs (NGK) and ignition coils (Bosch) have been changed but it's still happening. After changing the coils the misfire didn't happen for 2 days but then reappeared. I have ordered new injectors (index 11) but I'm afraid it won't solve the issue... my symptoms in detail:

After starting the car there's no issues. I can drive for a good 15-20min before the symptoms appear. The check engine light will go on and the engine starts running roughly, rpm will start to fluctuate as well. When accelerating there's no power and the car noticeably shakes when slowly picking up speed. Idle is then also rough and rpm keeps fluctuating. Issue will not solve while the engine is hot, even if the car is turned off and back on the symptoms start immediately. Then the next day or after properly cooling down, the symptoms are gone again. As mentioned the only consistent error code I've received from the engine is P0303.

I believe the injectors are still the original ones or at least very old. I haven't checked myself. I used a petrol system cleaner, the kind you pour in the gas tank, and I feel like it improved the situation slightly, so I'm hopeful that replacing the injectors will fix the issue but still afraid it doesn't.
I have exactly the same problem:

If engine is cold, it runs almost perfect.
But after 20 Minutes and the engine is heated up... Misfires cylinder 3.

I have renewed Coils and Plug -> nothing changed, problem still exists

Changed Injector 3 with a spare one from friend -> nothing changed, problem still exists

I have sent Injector 3 to a professional refub shob -> no faulds at injector could found, it has been cleaned and seals has been renewed -> nothing changed, problem still exists.

So my question, could you solve your Problem in the last 2 Years? And what was the reason for that problem?
Appreciate 0