View Single Post
      12-10-2018, 02:01 PM   #1
CRCE90
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08' E90 CRC

Power Mods for a HPDE/wknd fun car N54

So I have done some lurking on this forum and it seems that a great number of n54's experience limp mode issues due to overheating on the track. I have participated in 5-6 weekends of HPDE's @ tracks including Roebling Road, VIR, and CMP. I have done a good many suspension mods resisting the urge to chase more HP/TQ for fear of nervously watching my oil temp gauge and waiting for limp mode to cut power on the track. I live in SC and try to stay away from events in the summer for this reason as well as hanging out on tarmac all day in the Savanna, GA or Kershaw, SC heat isn't my idea of a fun weekend. I have reached the point with suspension and skill that I believe I could benefit from some additional horseys under the hood. But I want to do so without breaking the bank or potentially having heat management issues. The important parts of my setup needed to answer this question I believe are as follows. 6 Speed Manual, Factory Oil Cooler, Dinan Axle Back, and BMS Dual Cone intake. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Appreciate 0