View Single Post
      12-16-2019, 02:10 PM   #815
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
God I know you guys like your n52 but after all is said and done you will still be slower than a stock n54 and you will have dropped 8k+

Noir just come to the dark side.
I know your intentions are good and there’s a ton of merit to what you are saying... but I just don’t care lol

I love my N52.

I love how it makes power to redline and the crescendo grows all through the rev range to max power at 7500.

I love the sound of the choir of angels singing out their naturally aspirated melodies.

I love how simple and easy to work on it is.

I love how relatively low maintenance it is. (Port Injection FTW).

I love how it’s the last N/A I6 ever made by a company with a legacy of making them back to the 1920’s.

I love how it’s the most advanced N/A I6 ever made, magnesium block and expenses be damned. (Look inside the intake ports on the heads to see the attention to detail it’s magnificent. And it’s lighter than the 2.0 4 cylinder in the FRS!)

I love the instant throttle response, the eagerness of the engine to give you everything it’s got at a moments notice. (Angry Chihuahua Lol)

It’s a remnant of a bygone era and we will not see another motor like this again. The turbo cars are just another turbo for me. They mean nothing to me. I’ve driven them all and I just can’t get excited about them. (For the record I also wear mechanical watches and refuse to go to a smart watch so I’m getting to be a dinosaur.)

And I don’t care if anyone’s turbo watchamacalit is faster than my car. In 5 years cheap electric cars will be faster than whatever Turbo you (not you specifically Torgus just a general “you all”) are building so I need to have more than quickness from a ICE car. So I’m looking more to whatever character the car brings to the table. Give me a peppy (~300hp) N/A engine with character, great handling, and a manual transmission and I’m happy.

(I don’t look down on turbo builds of course. I can appreciate anyone who is building their car into what they like but in Noir’s defense the supercharger keeps all the great characteristics of the N52 intact while you give them up swapping to the turbo cars.)

Last edited by Biginboca; 12-16-2019 at 02:41 PM..
Appreciate 11
Noir883.00
Torgus3781.50
Rmtt8211.00
Phyrexia502.50
dwashy64.50
MCShred99.00
W37V1102.50
otitxn6.00