09-12-2011, 08:47 PM   #5
Priority 1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydever View Post
def alignment. Had that happen one time and the toe was way out of wack. Camber may be completely fine. I would check the alignment and bet youll find the toe is way off.
thanks for the advice...i'll look into getting an alignment along with mounting and balancing the new tires. i've been trying to think of how i could have messed up the toe and i remembered that i used to be a little hard on the suspension when i would swap wheels for winter and summer. I'd sit down and kick either side of the tire to rock the wheel back and forth. That kind of movement on the free wheel might have messed up the wheel sitting on the ground with more weight on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorae View Post
Your RFT's lasted you 28k miles??? Is it just me or is that an insane amount of mileage
i'm an insane driver! put 18000 on my stock 18" rfts and then i sold three of them for a little over 400 bucks! They had no less than 7/32nds remaining. at 65k miles my first set of brakes still say they are due in 60k miles...they haven't begun to drop yet. the bummer is that these tires were inspected in june and they recorded them as 7/32 front and 8/32 rear and in the pic you can see there is still a ton of tread depth on the center blocks.
Appreciate 0