United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i, 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [9.50]
2006 330i  [6.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gT-BMW View Post
hey guys i got a 2006 325i 6spd 153k miles and i bought the car with it burning oil, id have to add a quart every 1500 miles give or take but i didnt mind because its a sweet ride and it had no oil leaks. until now!!!!

I started to smell oil burning the other day and decided to pop the hood, there was oil everywhere, front of the engine, underneath the intake manifold, all over the alternator, oil filter housing, underneath the intake tube, it was everywhere.

i pulled the under belly off and noticed what seems like the oil pan gasket and rear main seal leaking!! at this point im not to sure it could be the oil leaking down from the source??

So i just pressure washed my entire engine bay and cleaned up all the oily mess because i cant seem to isolate where exactly its coming from. Tomorrow i'll start the car and drive it around hopefully the oil leak will reveal itself. im so worried, ive read about broken head bolts on these cars how would i know if i have this issue?

Have you guys ran into this issue before? If so what was the source of your oil leak? and tips of what i should check for?
VCG (valve cover gasket) most likely one to leak. Also, Oil filter and pan gasket as well. I need to replace mine as well. Mine has a broken bolt, you may want to check yours as well.
Appreciate 1
gT-BMW203.00