United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i, 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [9.50]
2006 330i  [6.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gT-BMW View Post
Alright so after some checking, it does seem like the OFHG is leaking from a small spot from the bottom, i also checked the external headbolt that sits right behind it seems to be intact. but im still worried about the internal headbolts. while there is no oil leak below the valve cover gasket, there seems to be oil seepage by the head gasket area right below the exhaust manifold. I tried to take a picture of it using a mirror, i hope you guys can see it.

Oil seepage around the headgasket area does that mean broken headbolts??

just checked all the valve cover bolts, none seems to be broken thank goodness. what bolt is broken on your car?

thanks for the tip!! i couldnt find any leaks around the valvetronic motor or around the valve cover, but your right it does look like my OFHG is leaking. i just changed that belt too!! looks like ill have to change it again. I did my last oil change in nov/18 and yes i checked the oil filter cap its tight.

thanks for the tip, i just checked it seems nice and tight. also checked the oil filter rubber ring. nothing seems out of the ordinary but im going to do an oil change anyway.

i just replaced the ccv with new hoses, i found out recently the rings are bad on cyl 5+6 so i have to add 1 quart of oil every month https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1533914 still puts a smile on my face when i floor it though and still traps 97-99mph so

but your right i checked my vcg doesnt seem to be leaking thank goodness.
Broken bolt is in the front corner. Left side if you are facing in front of car.
Appreciate 1
gT-BMW203.00