View Single Post
      01-26-2020, 10:44 PM   #119
lime
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodE30 View Post
I received an email directly from BMWNA in regards of this recall coming out. Unless BMW is playing games it's real. Like I stated in the very first post, give it a few weeks for more info to be released.

As for other counties other than the US I can not say if they will apply. It could be a US mandated recall which other countries might not require, ill say it again please allow some more time for more info to become available. Thanks.
Fair enough, I 100% agree with waiting another few weeks for confirmation. Would you mind sharing the email you received?

What I take issue with is people saying things like "It's legit. Trust me" in response to questions raised. I've seen a lot of that kind of talk in various N54 groups the last few days. It implies they have unique access to information that would corroborate the claim. Now when pressed on it the response is "I don't know anymore than anyone else on here", that doesn't really jibe with what was said previously.

Don't get me wrong I will be very happy if this recall is legit, but I don't want people to get their hopes up too much if it ends up being incorrect.

As for the rest of the world, we'll just have to cross our fingers and hope that BMW decides to go global with this. They've done it before for some recalls, so it's not completely hopeless, but even best case scenario I'd expect us to be well behind the US, probably 6 months to 1 year at least.
Appreciate 0