05-13-2007, 07:31 PM   #17
Terry335
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
I'd say your car is more like 100+ pounds lighter than the others there (or stock 335i's)
I think you said your 17" tires and Kosei wheels only weigh 42 pounds combined. That's 14 pounds lighter than stock on each wheel.
Then the lack of the Sport Package probably drops 20+ pounds, and the resonator delete drops another 20 ish.
That's a good 100 pounds lighter overall, and about 60 pounds of that reduction is rotational mass.

I don't know what the code deal you (with the Xede) and Rabyrab (with the Turbo Tuner) were having, and it surely needs to be looked into.
I know it bummed you and Rabyrab out big time.
I would call AA and ask them about the tune and see if they've tested it at elevation.

My coupe is scheduled to get in mid-late June (finish assembly is tomorrow).
But as you know, it will be scorching hot then, so we'll all have to plan a fall get to gether when its cooler.
I'll have my LSD in by then (it's sitting in the garage now) as well as the PROcede v2.0, the Morr Alloy VS7 19 inch wheels.

BTW all, I do believe EVERY 335i there today was an auto.
Where were the manual guys?
My non-sport stock wheels/tires were around 54# each, these guys are around 43# each, so 44# saved on the rims/tires, and the res delete saves around 15#. Not sure on the non-sport vs. sport weight, but I'm definetly 30#heavier than your average driver, and could stand to drop 2-3 gallons of gas (15#?).

Anyway whatever the reason may be it feels great to have the quickest slip of the day. I can't wait to try out a 100 octane map at sea level!
Appreciate 0