sirleeofroy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330D M-Sport LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdti View Post
I'm lucky enough to own a remapped N57 powered E90 325d and an E92 M3. Day to day, the 325d is my car of choice. The torque is just immense and something that I do genuinely miss when I step into the M3, it would be even more noticable if I was driving it daily I'm sure. My M3 averaged 20mpg on an 1800 mile road trip which included autobahn runs and 4 laps of the nordschleiffe aswell as other lovely german roads. I generally get somewhere around 18mpg but I don't drive economically!

On a side note my brother in law has a B7 RS4 and to me it has a much nicer 'daily' engine, similar sized to the M3 with similar power but much more torque and a noticable difference to the M3 and noticable difference in mpg ~18mpg vs ~25mpg.
Have you taken the 325D to the ring? If so, how did you get on? I have the 330D N57 mapped and I've gotten used to it very quickly... I do intend on taking a trip to the ring with a friend of mine who has a charged MX5 so it'll be fun either way.... Don't get me wrong, it moves but I get the feeling that I'm missing out by not at least getting a 335i as they seem to be rather entertaining... that said, should I get rid of my N57, the next step will be an ///M car of some sort. I'll probably go back in time and do an E34 M5.....
Appreciate 0