Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregrobin View Post
I watched the video and did some research, I don't think I have the ticking wastegate issue, never heard this sound before.
I can definitely say the stock downpipes hide it a lot. I'd never heard any at all either, first startup with my downpipes and I went "You're fucking kidding me…". I don't think the issue is your wastegates though, I could totally be wrong of course.

Looking at the logs on my computer now.

So looking at them, I don't want to say wastegates bc if they weren't seating properly, your boost would not be as steady as it is once you hit target. It my take you a while to hit target but after that you're right on target to redline. To me it looks almost like their is some kind of restriction causing slow spool. Are you on stock airbox? (I'd be really curious to see how you'd do with downpipes. I almost want to say like a clogged cat but you'd likely have bigger issues).

Your WGDC is also kind of high once you hit target. I too run 1+ and looking at my last log on datazap, once I hit target (only takes me 300rpm) my WGDC sits around 45-50 while yours is at 63 pretty much the whole way after you hit target. Normally a higher WGDC may indicate a boost leak but unless this is some leak that is sealing itself back up under enough boost, I doubt it. At this point i'd probably start by checking vacuum coming out of the canisters, if it's steady and around 20 or above i'd suggest trying to test your boost solenoids. If your wastegate vacuum lines haven't been changed, i'd do it. The rear is really easy and tbh I found the front fairly easy with the canisters removed. Took me probably 20 minutes to replace the front line, including canister removal. Just use some silicone lube on the lines and they slide on pretty easy.

Last edited by Dave92N54; 06-21-2021 at 09:26 PM..
Appreciate 1
Gregrobin578.00