Drives: 2008 335i coupe

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mweisdorfer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335boston View Post
Hello all ,

This will be my first post of the forums and it's a question regarding oil temps. I've searched countless times and read countless threads regarding the oil temps on our n54s, what I've concluded is that normal operating temp for our cars is around 240-250f , which is on the high side for turbo cars. I've looked into some upgrades , bigger intercoolers , external thermostats for the oil coolers etc, but most people claim that although the stock oil system (with oil cooler) is not extremely good it's good enough for daily driving . Thus leads me to my question . I have a 2008 335i with the oem oil cooler. Yesterday it was only 55f out and I was in stop and go traffic checked out my oil temp and it was already at 255f . My car is full bolt on and I was in map 2 of the JB4 in the traffic . My question is that temp to me is a little high , what are my options to get that down a bit ? That was in 55f weather I can only imagine it will be worse in 85-90f air .

I've herd about the AD-E thermostat is a easy install and most people like it but I'm not sure if this will be the solution for my car . I've also been trying to find a simple bolt on oil cooler but can't find one . Please let me know what you guys think ! Thanks in advance !

P.s. for all who run JB4 with a BEF , can you use map 0 with a BEF added on? The only reason why I was in map 2 in the traffic was because I didn't know if you could run map 0 with a BEF ?
My oil usually doesn't go higher than 230, unless it's over 85 degrees out. Then it might hit 240-45. Rush Hour traffic of course it spikes, but that's to be expected.

I don't have an oil cooler on my N54 either. I do use 5w-40 Amsoil European oil

I use Amsoil Coolant with their coolant Booster.
What does it spike to when you hit traffic? Also why do not recommend 0w-40 I'm the summer months? I'm not expert on oil but I did look up serval form posts most ppl used 0w-40 . Thank you for the reply !
Appreciate 0