View Single Post
      01-08-2015, 04:56 PM   #94
grzes
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 335d LCI

well that is strange, it should work cause that short red cable is going together with the video under the same sleeve and that is the power for the camera (should be connected to white from the emulator). Keep in mind, I don't have programming done yet so all I have for now is everything connected but don't know if mine will work yet. Strange thing is that I have 11 errors reported assuming all are due to the addition of that emulator but till my coding is done I will not take the unit out yet. Will wait till next weekend for that.
No use of any other harness, the one that is posted on here they do not ship to Canada so I spliced my cables. The RCA in my case black end was the negative and clear one was the positive (the pin in the RCA jack). I used shrinking sleeve to make sure they will not touch any other pins.

Once again, I am surprised with all the errors/warnings I have found so I am a bit skeptical if this really works or maybe my emulator not working as it should be. Not sure why I have so many errors but hopefully I will get to it and make it work Will be posting more after the coding

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTN View Post
Thanks for your help mate.

I actually did do this and didn't work. Last night checked all wiring and they're all connected.

I was a little suspect about the +/- RCA that is suppose be connected to the CIC 21 and 24 so I found another 12v power source just to see if it worked. FAILED as well.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I might just ripped everything off and started again, its just a PITA.

Did you use another harness? or you connected the Emulator directly to the OEM wires at the back of the CIC?

I've got the harness, but didn't use it
Appreciate 0