01-12-2015, 04:55 PM   #108
ATTN
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 E92 DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Yes, my PDC is still working after coding. And the screen still pops up in Reverse gear.

But where I am suppose to see the reverse camera on the CIC, its just blank/black. So I just assumed there was no power on the camera. I'm 100% sure I gave it a power, which I used a few +/- power sources (battery, 12v socket rear and front)

I even tried to source the power else where with the RCA cable that was suppose to be inserted in 21 and 24 pins. As I thought maybe the pins weren't connected/touching. You can't really tell.

Still no luck! biggest PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by grzes View Post
Is your PDC still working after the coding?? does the screen pops up while in reverse??

I can't tell makes me sad as I was really looking having this work. I am going to take a step back, I will disconnect the emulator leaving the wires in place, then I will try and clear the error codes and see if all get cleared. Then I will double check all the connections and check if the camera works on its own if it gets power (which i believe it does but I did not check that with the tool as it is simple connection). If I confirm all the cables are good and connected properly then all I can say is the emulator that is not doing its work. I do worry about coding as well since my PDC is not opening its own screen when in reverse but it detects obstacles lol. Oh, and I will make sure those wires are twisted again as mentioned by Princelybug and Kevin, but to be honest I don't think it has anything to do with magnetic as they are isolated but will give it a try.