View Single Post
      07-20-2019, 08:18 AM   #18
Spyro235
Captain
Rep
Drives: '10 X5D, '04 330i ZHP

I’m in the process of finally doing my e70 module. This is a SHITTY job. Doesn’t help that at 7 when I started, it was already 85 with 100% humidity, and it’s up to 92 at 9am with the same humidity still. Just spent 2 hours alone getting the big connector unclipped. I ended up having to remove both positive cables from the starter, unclipping just about ever hose so I could get the angle needed, and then experimenting for 2 hours with different approaches to getting the rear clip off. I could t reach it from above so I had to go below, and all the squeezing in the world didn’t seem to get it to unclip. Finally I climbed on top of my front cross bar to get the angle needed to get at it from aboveboard the connectors bundle of words and finally got it off. Theconnector doesn’t look so great anymore but as long as it makes connection, I don’t care. Next time my thermostat goes, I’m parking the car and driving the drift car until the thermostat gets fixed. Enough of a pain in the freaking ass that I really, really don’t want to do this again.

I’m not even done, I just got the connectors unclipped! Now to unbolt it.....
Appreciate 0