View Single Post
      07-21-2019, 03:51 AM   #7
23psi4age
Sim Simma
Rep
Drives: '17 330i Touring M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassmaschine View Post
You're not going to make more power. The actual intake temperature, whatever the air is when it enters the cylinders - did not change at all. There's no possible way moving the sensor could change the actual IAT, and thus the density of the intake charge.

Even if it did read significantly different (which is doubtful), all you would succeed in doing is throwing off the model of air density used by the computer to calculate everything from traction control to ignition to fueling (and more).

Given that there is basically zero evidence that the stock IAT heat soaks due to its position, and BMW probably spent millions figuring out the best position for every sensor - this is definitely another totally pointless N52 mod.
I didn't say the air temp is changing by relocating the IAT. I actually said the air entering the engine changes temperature very little - and so the air entering the engine basically is the same as the ambient air temp. Your not reading what I said at all.

And there certainly is evidence that the MAF heat soaks...Read the post literally above yours - rjahl just stated that he logged 122f IAT readings in traffic in florida. The ambient air temperature in Florida is not 122f.

Whats interesting about the IAT relocation is that most people who do it - says it works and most people who are saying it does not work - did not do it lol.