View Single Post
      07-24-2019, 08:11 AM   #22
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

I appreciate you posting that data for us. It seems to have made a difference in your application.

I suspect this would make a difference maybe when you initially start off from a red light on a hot day. But once you have a high volume of airflow from rpms above idle I would think the stock sensor would quickly change temp to indicate accurately. Maybe not. I can’t argue with the figures you posted which are compelling.

Here’s what I don’t get, and my major hang up. This is the pic from Turners website...

They have moved the sensor maybe 8-10” but it’s still very close to the motor. I don’t see why the new sensor in that location would be any less likely to heat soak. So seeing that and without them publishing any real data on their website it reeks of snake oil.

Where you have placed the sensor is farther away and kind of makes sense to get less heat soak. But it also sees much less airflow than stock location or the Turner location, so would be less subject to rapid drop in temp vs the stock location if that new sensor was heat soaked.

In the end it’s only a $100 outlay so it’s money well spent if it works I guess.
Appreciate 0