View Single Post
      09-21-2021, 08:48 PM   #1
deltafivenine
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 Competition, LC100

SOS Error and Bluetooth loss

Hi guys, been trying to read up on some common MOST diagnostics but having some trouble figuring out where I should be looking in my setup in particular for the issues I'm having.

For some background, I just purchased a 2011 E90 M3 Comp, HiFi stereo w/ combox this last weekend. On the drive home, I was intermittently losing bluetooth with it usually disconnecting my phone, and then ~30 seconds later it would reconnect to my phone. At one point I realized that I was consistently losing bluetooth whenever I hit a jarring bump on the interstate. Got it home with the bluetooth still working, but the next day onwards I've been unable to get bluetooth to work and I've had a persistent SOS error message. I have not lost radio or other iDrive noises, but I haven't checked the aux to see if it is functional or not.

If I understand correctly, because I have the HiFi system and the Combox I have a little less going on in the trunk with regards to the MOST system. I checked the MOST connector going into the Combox and it appears bright. I also checked the diagnostic connection under the driver's side dash, and while I was able to see light it was *very* dim. With this in mind, are there any recommendations on where to look next to try to determine where the problem/partial break is?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0