View Single Post
      10-17-2021, 01:04 PM   #7
deltafivenine
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 Competition, LC100

So, last weekend I was headed to an autoX, put a tub of stuff for autoX in the trunk and suddenly I'm having bluetooth issues again. This made me start questioning if it was wiring/connector related and the weight of the tub made something move a bit and was why I was having issues. The issues persisted for a few days, and when I got the chance to take a look the front MOST diagnostics port was dim again. I had purchased a fiber loop after I initially started having problems, so I stuck it in there in place of the combox and the light was bright again. I fiddle with things a little, trying to make sure it's consistent, and it appeared to be... but then suddenly I start getting bright light with the combox connected again after 3-4 times of switching back and forth between the combox and the loop. After that, bluetooth has been flawless again.

At this point I thought it might be the Combox itself, so I went to fiddle a little again and get the P# etc so I could find a suitable replacement if I though it was, but I've discovered what I believe to be the issue. If I move the main connector wiring significantly, or sometimes barely touch it at all, the bluetooth immediately disconnects -> SOS error eventually. If I fiddle with the wiring again, go back to the front of the car I can connect bluetooth again all good. So it appears the problem is in the wiring or the main connector to the Combox.

Anyone have any experience with a similar issue? Is likely the only solution going to be to replace the whole harness for that section? How much work is that gonna end up being?
Appreciate 0