07-26-2021, 04:32 AM   #78
jzx_andy
Slowpoke
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest335i View Post
anything further on fuel issue? i have stock 335i (N55) and dealer in Perth has been chasing engine derate code under moderate throttle...fitted new plugs, coils, injectors, both low and high pressure fuel pumps - the HPFP seemed to do the trick but now its shows signs of being overheated and has spun a bearing, has a bent conrod and questionable crankshaft: i should have stuck with older models - have a neat e36 325i coupe, and e46 325i sedan, both of which have done over 200,000kms and no big dramas- just the usual things like water pump etc.
Hey man, so sorry for the late reply, as I only recently got around to sorting out small things with my car, such as the fuel issue. Yours sounds much more serious since it basically cooked a motor. I'm not sure what a "derate" code is either.

In my case I'd get fuel leaking from the filler neck area when filling up to the brim. This turned out to be caused by the LPFP assembly top hat not being seated in the fuel tank notch properly. Lifted the rear seat base, took the top hat retainer and fuel line out and then seated everything properly.

I don't have any more fuel leaks and can fill up to the brim again (thankfully), but I've also noticed my fuel level sender isn't reporting correctly - so I'll need to sort this out in due course.
6MT swapped | Xtreme twin disk & SMF | Advan RSII | ST XTA | F82 M4 heated front seats | BMW Individual interior trims | CIC/Combox retrofits | Custom headlights | 1M/M3 mirrors | 335is auxiliary radiator | LCI tails
Appreciate 0