Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i, 2010 E92 M3

Garage List
2016 bmw m3 f80  [0.00]
2010 M3 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e36mmm View Post
I have had both.. PSS is better, grippier, wears quicker, softer and quieter.. On dry, michelin pss has a better reaction at centre steering. Longevity on s001 is better as it is a harder compound. Oh and one thing, s001 is noisy on the road imo. If you are going for looks rather than track time, don't waste money on PSS. Best all round imho is continental 5p and 6 for all weather use. Continental 6 is on par now with PSS and has even better traction in the wet. I have tested everything except yokohama advans. If you are in for longevity and want good grip from time to time and don't want to spend as much as continentals or michelin, consider Falken 453 for peace of mind and pocket. They are not as grippy as above but much better for day to day use as its a little harder compound and rears will last 4 5 months longer compared to any softer tire such as michelin, continentals or bridgestones..

Ps; I am on my fourth set of Continental 5P and will switch to Continental 6 when they wear out.. my application is street with 20% spirited driving.

What is your application? Street or track??

Actually I have changed to PSS a few weeks ago. From my experience, PSS is way better in pretty much all aspects than S001. As for wear, it`s too early to comment, but S001 did wear faster than RE050A and S001 is also more comfortable then RE050A. Some good points about PSS are the grip in both dry and wet even during spin, the noise and harsh reduction. Feels like from a leather shoes to training shoes.
Appreciate 0