View Single Post
      06-11-2018, 01:46 PM   #17
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Bring in a dozen filled donuts and a caramel macchiato for her everyday.
This wouldn't work. She is watching her weight/working out. This has been going on for the entire 2 years that I have been here. She has gradually gained weight since I have been here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Make the classic move. Stab her in the back when she is on vacation. Find a way. If you are doing her job for her, let her know you'll need access to her emails. Sounds like there is plenty in there to get her in big trouble.
My best friend used to say "I ain't fucked with nobody who didn't fuck with me first". Wise words.

ps I know, Scarface may have also said that.
This is typically my take on most things but I'm so tired of the situation that I don't even care enough to make an elaborate plan. I simply just no longer want to be here. My peace and happiness is more important that concocting shenanigans. Although I'm not at peace now anyway. I may come back to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyresian View Post
Now you have one person you're dealing with. If you can't work it out directly with this person (talking it out with them) the options I see are:
1. Bring it to management, even if you think they won't help, I'd hope you'd at least get a separate cubicle or something. Hell just move your stuff to a different place if there is an open spot, I know 5 co workers that have done this without issue in recent years. Even claiming offices.
2. Find another job or different position / transfer within the company
3. Tough it out if you think it will come to an end, this sounds like a terrible idea if you don't know for sure when it will end.
I have exercised all possible options at this point. I have put a cubicle between us. She told everyone it was so I could hide and people couldn't see me not doing anything. Our facility was built 30 years ago and we have outgrown it many times over now. All of the offices are taken by people that have been here for 10 + years. I have signed for another job inside our plant that I am more than qualified for, but management has yet to even start interviews. I have been told by many employees here that the job is pretty much mine but management wants to see how I handle filling in for this employee....so here I am on company time posting about it. I know....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCM3 View Post
i almost quit my current job bc of a person like this. I threatened to quit, and before they could make any changes the lady left for another job. lucky me as i got a promotion as well as not having to work with that person.
That's pretty much where I'm at. I hate to let her feel like she has won, but it would be worth it. Problem is that I am making the most money I can make in the small little town I live in. If I leave, my pay will be cut significantly. I interviewed for a job last week but making half my yearly salary and this was for a management position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
But real answer - no - I am of no help. People like that aren't going to change, they're miserable and want to make other join them.

Weigh the timelines - when will the new receptionist be finished covering for mat leave and can take over. Clarify with your boss that this is indeed temporary and you will be off this call when receptionist is done covering. Request that the next available office is yours. Can you make space somewhere else?
You are correct. She is miserable and makes everyone around her miserable. Management jokes around with her but they know how she is. Problem here is that nothing is ever done about anything. There is no accountability here for anyone aside from those who step up and take care of things i.e. myself and a few others. The reason for our lives being hell is that we have to pick up others slack so that we can do our jobs; then we listen to accolades being given to those who don't do theirs. Very frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
This is how IT ended up in Housing. Although I like my coworkers, so it sounds like a Judy issue
Like Joekkrr was saying, you're going to have to science the shit out of this.
I have managed to make an excel spreadsheet of all the literal mess of notes that she gave me to work with. I broke everything down by part number, vendor, contact info etc. She has done this position for almost 20 years off a bunch of busted ass notes that have been written and rewritten over; within a week I have revised her entire position to an excel file. The look on her face when she saw it is what I would imagine native americans reaction to an iPad would be....and I've only been at it for a week. By the time this is over I'll be able to train her on how to do her job the right way.

I will say that the singing of country music, snapping her fingers, flossing her teeth and clipping of fingernails is slowly chipping away at my sanity....well, what I call sanity anyway.

Last edited by King Rudi; 06-11-2018 at 01:53 PM..
Appreciate 0