02-03-2008, 06:05 AM   #17
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzapb View Post
fair point, but on the whole Cars emit Co2 levels akin to pissing in the ocean. 1% of Uk total I am led to believe. Its farting cattle, air traval and industry thats the concern. - Mind you this is stuff I have read in cars mags

so why single out the motorist? what about my company who leaves 100's of servers powered on etc etc

Diesels emit dangerous gases such as No2 that acutally kill you quicker (if you want to kill yourself - use diesel fumes )

Anyone see the great global warming swindle program last year on Channel 4. that was a real eye opener.

the thing that bugs me is that the government will still be driven around in high output bmws.mercs etc and will not set an example.

I enjoy driving its a hobbie too, and ppl lile Gordon brown hate cars and don't have a licence.

If massive increases in VED are to come, then it will only be fair if we have time to adjust, ie like 3 years notice on NEW cars - not old ones

dont even get my started on the myths of hybrids too!!! anyone who buys a prius is a victim of marketing
+1 You can join me in the queue to get your tax money back from that w****r Brown when the earth starts cooling down again - in about 10 years time!
Appreciate 0