03-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #341
ronny214
M3 Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 ///M3 Black/Black

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Just got the car back from BMW on Friday. They had it for three days. I told them the following:

"I'm experiencing a rough cold start idle and when I'm in the garage I hear something that sounds very much like random misfire. More so, and most annoyingly, the car has this horrible habit of hesitating when I hit the gas pedal whether it is from a full stop or low speeds. It seems like it takes the car a minute to realize that I want to go faster, regardless of Drive, Drive Sport, or Manual Shift. I tried looking around online and I read that there is a possible timing issue that is corrected by a software update? Mind if I leave it here?"

The SA wrote everything down including my "quick research". He did say that it was very unlikely that it was a software issue because when you check your car in they get a sheet that prints out of any outstanding recalls on the car. Then I get a call saying that not only did they verify those problems but that my DME was throwing 9 different errors. The update fixed it all. Found this odd because for anyone who knows the car was in and out of the dealer for what they suspected was an engine problem just over a month ago, and you're telling me they didn't see any of the DME error when they were checking all the electronics and such then?

Anyways, car is back now and he is happy. Got the cobb aggressive tune back on him and going to install the AA FMIC this weekend.
2015 M3 // Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Extended Merino Leather / Carbon Fiber Trim / Executive Package / M Double-Clutch Transmission w/ Drivelogic / 19" Black Light-Alloy Wheels / Adaptive M Suspension / Harman Kardon surround sound
Other // Shell Rotella T6 5w40
Appreciate 0