supercati
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep
Drives: 335xi E92 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by risbo8 View Post
Hello all,

I have read the entire thread, but couldn't find the answer.
I have a 2005. E90 professional radio with BT device in the trunk(without USB), I've managed to get a 2011. radio with integrated BT and USB, my question is will I be able to use the existing microphone in my car with the new HU when I code it to my car?

The existing BT is very buggy, and often blocks all the functions of the HU, then I have to wait for about an hour for it to work again.. Tried the hard restart/reset, but no luck..
So I've decided to get the HU with integrated BT, and USB which is a nice addition

Many thanks in advance for the answer.
I was in the same situation, doing upgrade on an E90 with existing Bluetooth in the trunk (TCU / MULF / MULF2), Professional radio with all the pixels kapput, and mic already on the car. Problem is that the mic is wired from the FZD to the trunk, not to the radio.

You can run a new harness from the back of the radio as on the first post (pin 1 and 6) to behind the globebox, and tap it there to the existing mic cable because there is a connector: X14087 https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...&postcount=546 . Just connect the 2 new cables where the yellow and black cable sit on the male connector (male connector only has 3 cables on it).

Then delete $644, change date to #0911, add $663, $6FL, $6NN and recode 2RAD/RAD (SG_Codieren).

The module on the trunk can be removed then (to be safe use a fiber optic bridge on the fiber optic connector).
2008 BMW 130i E81 (LCI) MT
2007 BMW 130i E81 (LCI) MT
Appreciate 1