12-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #6
nanotech
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 135i SGM M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_09 View Post
I got quoted $311 + taxes to do the battery replacement at BMW Mississauga. I was debating about it but since you've done some looking around and if it ain't saving that much than I might as well get it done at the dealer.

Just curious about the price for the battery when you were shopping around?
Well, I haven't looked that hard to be honest; after looking in the trunk (I have a 1-series, just squatting here... not sure if E90 has trunk battery) and looking at the installation mount and distribution block, venting, etc I realized it wasn't as simple as just unhooking/hooking up new one. Mix in the recoding and I am approaching my threshold of tolerance for DIY.

Canadian Tire (who I've used for Audi replacement batteries for years, with success) has a replacement for $200-ish (AGM technology, parameters look fine) but I'm not positive it fits in the mount properly and vents properly. By the time I add in labour for install and recoding I'm sure I'd be near $300 anyways, plus the potential hassle of swapping it and finding it doesn't fit.

There are cheaper options listed but I don't think they are sufficient for the vehicle.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mo...p.0104920.html
This is the one I was looking at.
Appreciate 0