United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS_SN View Post
Are you sure of profit

https://news.sky.com/story/tesla-pos...maker-12200866

721m profit
including selling £1.5 billion environmental credits(an imaginary item with a shelfl ife as others catch up withtheirown EV's)
I'd call that 780 million loss :
No matter how you collect the money it still goes to the bottom line. It's non operational income not too far from selling off land or buildings to hit your numbers. Still money but not close to the same as building cars
for profit. Issue I see is the $1.5 billion to the bottom line is guaranteed to go away in time and Tesla has no control over it.

This makes me laugh -
Quote:
But investors hoped for clearer guidance than Tesla gave about the growth it expected in the year ahead.

Asked by an analyst whether it was targeting deliveries of between 840,000 and 1 million vehicles, Mr Musk said the target was "in that vicinity".
Every manufacturing company I have worked for or dealt with set goals for the next year and no one used "in that vicinity" for the numbers. He's the one in charge, just tell us what you think you will really do this year. Not like he doesn't constantly think about it and they aren't planning for it.