View Single Post
      05-05-2010, 10:36 AM   #77
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep
Drives: 4 Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennejp View Post
This is awesome! Finally someone is just doing it and hopefully it will be successful. I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW OUR CARS HAVE BEEN OUT FOR OVER 4 YEARS AND NO ONE HAS A GOOD TURBO UPGRADE KIT YET. I mean what are all the vendors doing. I dont know why it takes years to come up with a stage one turbo upgrade. I mean if hpf had come out with the e46 m3 kit when it was still popular and not being outdated by the e92 they would have sold a lot more. I dont understand why it takes so much time to come up with this stuff. I understand it take R&D but these companies are taking it WAY to slow and WAY to expensive. I like that someone is taking it into their own hands and going for some good power numbers-keep up the good work and good luck!!!
The reason I think this is because the cost is going to be quite high for a legit turbo upgrade on this car. I think the major headaches are the DME, fueling issues with a HPFP, and a DI motor. Most of the solutions are addining EFI setups on top of the DI/HPFP setup. I think the complexity here is pretty high.
Appreciate 0